Remembering Stan...

Article on Stan in New Issue of Jazz Improv Mag on Line

Haven't read it yet, but though I'd provide the following link:

http://www.jazzimprov.com/util/articles.cfm?article_id=109

Marla

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GREAT READ! In reading these articles the many facets of the Getz genuis ability is revealed to me. To think he never wanted t p lay the Sax boggles my mind. Something tells me what he thought he didn't want to do, evolved into something he adored doing...and man did he achieve above and beyond excellence. The excerpt in reference to Dizzy Gillespie and Stan was my fave in the whole article. Thank you for posting this Marla...I enjoyed it very much. Blessings to you
(-:O
Hey, thanks for this link. When you read the article, especially the first 2 paragraphs, you realize just how great a musical wizard Stan is. Good reading for everyone!
f
I finally picked up the magazine and enjoyed reading the entire article, as well as saxophonist Greg Fishman's remembrance of Stan.

I think Jazz Improv is doing a great job and filling a gap. My only minor complaint is that they don't seem to have a good editor or someone proofing before going to print - I find at least a few typos per issue.

Marla

frankeric said:
Hey, thanks for this link. When you read the article, especially the first 2 paragraphs, you realize just how great a musical wizard Stan is. Good reading for everyone!
f

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Bev Getz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service