Stan Getz Community

Remembering Stan...

Miscellaneous (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

what happened to him

Does anybody know wat happened to Zoot Sims..??? Theo Urff !!!!

Started by THEO URFF

17 Jul 5, 2018
Reply by Mike Lansing

Quotes from Stan Getz

Stan has been quoted quite a few times. We are lucky he gave out quite a few interviews. From this we can see first hand his thoughts and v…

Started by Denis Ouellet

13 Jun 28, 2018
Reply by Mike Lansing

Stan JATP 1960

Hi I have tapes of Stan Getz in Paris, March 21 1960, the same JATP date with Miles davis & Oscar Peterson. November 25 1960 with Dizzy…

Started by Michel Brillié

2 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by Denis Ouellet

? The mystery involve "" The sound "" ?

I am a great fan of Stan Getz music for I have heard his music from earlie to late times. The perception of music he had is clear, in a mys…

Started by Babis Antonatos

0 Jun 27, 2011

top 100 songs and from what album to put in my player

Well I thought I'll reset all the songs on my player on my page. And who better to ask but Stan Getz Fans on what should beon it and in w…

Started by Richard Ransom

6 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Richard Ransom

SHORY ROGERS GIANTS FEATURING STAN GETZ

Dear friends I just received a CD from the Los Angeles Jazz Institute (this is a members only limited release) : "The rare and unissued Sh…

Started by DUGELAY Gerard

4 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Richard Ransom

Part 2 Stan's reviews

AT THE OPERA HOUSE (1957) with J.J JOHNSON Creditts: J.J. Johnson (tb -1/4) Stan Getz (ts) Oscar Peterson (p) Herb Ellis (g) Ray Brown (b…

0 Sep 20, 2009

All the reviews of the Stan Getz albums I've got done so far for my collection!

All The Stan Getz reviews that I've got done from my collection........ Stan Getz Quintet featuring Jimmy Raney The Birdland Sessions 19…

0 Sep 20, 2009

Can Jazz Be Saved?

•FROM THE WALL STREET JOURNAL • • AUGUST 9, 2009, 4:56 P.M. ET Can Jazz Be Saved? The audience for America’s great art form is withering aw…

Started by Paul Wood

1 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Paul Wood

Ballads and Bossas: The lost sessions

I am interested in finding out more about this recording by Verve 2003 I believe. It has become available at my local library. I can't find…

Started by GARY BLOND

3 May 12, 2009
Reply by GARY BLOND

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Bev Getz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service