Stan Getz Community

Remembering Stan...

Does anybody know wat happened to Zoot Sims..??? Theo Urff !!!!

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He died!! ((~:

(1985, I think. Don't know what of.... think it may have been heart). MISS HIM!!!
He died of cancer.
What a musician he was - and still is because of all his wonderful recordings.
Ohhhh... Another lost to that foul disease... )0; Yes... he was an AMAZING musician... and one of the FUNNIEST people to ever walk this earth!!
Bev Getz said:
He died!! ((~:

(1985, I think. Don't know what of.... think it may have been heart). MISS HIM!!!
Bev Getz said:
Ohhhh... Another lost to that foul disease... )0; Yes... he was an AMAZING musician... and one of the FUNNIEST people to ever walk this earth!!
SAD THAT ZOOT SIMS IS GONE......I STILL HAVE A 33RPM ALBUM FROM HIM CALLED 'WAITING GAME" THERE ARE HARDLY NO CD AVAILLABLE FROM HIM IN THE NETHERLANDS.... MANY GREETINGS TO EVERYBODY.....THEO URFF

THEO URFF said:
Bev Getz said:
He died!! ((~:

(1985, I think. Don't know what of.... think it may have been heart). MISS HIM!!!
It's Zoot's Birthday;)

Happy Birthday Zoot

Denis
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a wonderful musician.
Thank you for all your wonderful music you left us!!!
Photobucket
Hilde Hefte said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a wonderful musician.
Thank you for all your wonderful music you left us!!!
Photobucket
Hey Theo, its sad to look at Zoot in the above photo, I did a gig with him here in Belfast at the Festival, he was very thin and wearing a beret, probably having had Chemo therapy. We had an immediate accord, we both were keen on Numismatics, (collecting coins). He looked frail but swung like mad. My favourite tenor players, Stan Getz, Zoot and Joe Henderson
Theo, check Zoot's photo down below. Tommy Thomas.
GOOD MORNING THOMAS, I WISH I COULD HAVE PLAYED WITH HIM....GREAT PHOTO OF A GREAT TENORIST...GREATINGS FROM THE NETHERLANDS....THEO URFF!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Bev Getz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service