Stan Getz Community

Remembering Stan...

Celebrating Stan (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Captain Marvel"

I recently came up with an old piece of 8mm movie film that was in my Dads possessions when he died in the Fiji Islands in 1972. The film…

Started by Jerry Taylor

0 Jan 17, 2010

Early Autumn

Hi friends - I've gone through some pretty heavy stuff these past couple months. One song that always gets me through is Stan's 60s remake…

Started by claire

2 Nov 10, 2009
Reply by Richard Ransom

Stan Getz as Side Man

ANITA O'DAY - Pick Yourself Up with Anita O'Day (1956) Credits: Anita O'Day / Buddy Bregman Orchestra Anita O'Day (v) Pete Candoli, Cont…

Started by Richard Ransom

0 Nov 10, 2009

Parker 51

Dear Friends, this last days I read two different informatons: the tune "Parker 51" was composed by Stan Getz or by Jimmy Raney? And the al…

Started by Daniela D'Ercole

13 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by marcus wolfe

Wynton Kelly,John Coltane,Stan Getz video

what a rare treat to have these men together and how wonderful it a shame it ended to abruptly,even so I love it.....

Started by Richard Ransom

0 Sep 23, 2009

Desafinado

Can I offer what I consider one of the great moments of recorded Jazz? The recording of Desafinado by Stan Getz on " Jazz Samba ". Commence…

Started by GARY BLOND

1 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Jerry Taylor

History of Jazz

Hi all. I just finished Ken Burns "Jazz", 10 DVD's. I know that some of this was aired on PBS US over the last years but the DVD's are much…

Started by frankeric

4 Feb 14, 2009
Reply by Paul Wood

STAN GETZ- Where the seed is....

http://www.jazzprofessional.com/interviews/Stan%20Getz.htm This is an excellent interview with value and creative content. It's nice to s…

Started by Tim Price

5 Aug 16, 2008
Reply by Neal Cameron scottish saxplayer

Big Band Bossa Nova; FORUM DISCUSSION FOR ALL !

Big Band Bossa Nova Stan Getz This disc is the essential globetrotting musical companion for all. With arrangements by Gary McFarland and…

Started by Tim Price

7 Aug 9, 2008
Reply by Joan DesCarpentier

Check this YOU TUBE with Stan, Diz and Arnie Lawrence

Check this out ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCb7pzb507k Whew, great stuff !!

Started by Tim Price

5 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by frankeric

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Bev Getz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service